Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 1: Arrived in Arizona! Photo Post to Start the Journey

Assalomu alaykum!

I've made it to Tempe, Arizona to being my 7-week journey here and I'm really loving what I see so far! Currently I'm staying with my parents at Tempe Mission Palms Hotel (really nice!) for a few days until we can move in and get everything settled.

Today was a travel day so I'm definitely wiped but am already enjoying the energy from being in such a cosmic place full of vistas, fresh air, open spaces, and interesting sights. Here are some photos to kick-start the journey. As I learn more about my program and get started with activities I'll post more in detail.
Philadelphia airport, departed 8am
Approaching the horizon of Phoenix
Made it here! Nice airport
Really cool cacti and mountains near airport
Stopped at Whole Foods in Phoenix for some grub (fruit lover here)
Abundance of nectarines in the hotel room!
Cool outdoor pool at Tempe Mission Palms
Official ASU student for the duration :P
Overlooking Tempe and ASU at sunset
So there we have it! More coming soon. Feel free to follow me on Instagram for more photos (these are from my account, @geckogreco) or check for updates on Twitter @brianonhealth or @uzbekbrian.

Xayr,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment