Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 31: More Fun Food Shopping Excursions & Reflection Videos

Assalomu alaykum!

Awesome Saturday today! Had a great sleep and woke up late and then headed off with my friend Eddie who's studying Tajik/Persian here down to the Sunflower Market on the free Orbit bus. Got an awesome box of nectarines and some grapes, papayas, and other items, and then went back to the dorm for some laundry, relaxing, and chatting with friends and family (shout out to my grandma!).

In the afternoon went down to Yoga Nirvana for my Saturday 4pm class which I've really really been enjoying and am definitely going to miss when I head back to PA. The teacher Daniella is super knowledgeable and the class is strengthening and restorative at the same time. Always feel like a million bucks when I walk out of there!

Then met up with my friend Ana (from the Saturday before last) for another fun trip to the Asian market to pick up some goodies there and head back to the dorm for a nice meal. Great to socialize and see friends and enjoy some delicious food as well, pics are below. What a great start to the weekend! Tomorrow is some homework of course as well as other productivity items. Talk soon!

Also wanted to include 2 videos I made today on various topics to think about:





And of course, pictures!

Durian time :) Me in my element
Awesome whole and pieced jackfruit at the Asian market
Yay, actually edibly ripe Kent mangos are popping up in the markets!
I FOUND FIGS AT WHOLE FOODS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me and Ana
Jackfruits just chillin in the corner of the Asian market, nbd
Xayr,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment